Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Fashion Week Spring '08


The most exciting time of the year. Fashion Week. I have been spending every moment possible on style.com or nymag.com, looking through photos and videos of all the new collections. And now it's time to do a review. I picked out my favorites and some I don't dig so much. So enjoy enjoy enjoy.
Staring from A to Z:


3.1 Phillip Lim


I always love his collections. He has such chic, artsy, modern things. what's not to love? This collection is boyish with a little romance.

Collection consists of: Blazers, double breasted jackets, casual mini dresses, cocktail dresses, and pleated pants.

My favorite looks(click on link above to see): 5, 10, 11, 13, 19, 20, 22, 25, 26, 28, 36, and 38.
Designer Quotes(from his casting call video): "I always do right away presentation, so it's always one look for a girl. So it's always a lot of girls. This time it's 40 looks total it's going to be 40 girls and 10 boys."

Alexander Wang

Alexander is one of my favorite new designers. I loved his fall collection so I had good expectations for spring. And he did not disappoint. This collection has that boyish charm but with nice details that keep it feminine.

Collection consists of: Blazers (which I love), pleated shorts, jeans, casual and cocktail dresses, a great orange-red cradigan, and a fabulous black twead jacket.

My Favorite Looks(click on link about to see): 1, 4, 6, 8, 10, 15, 18, 24, 27, 29, 30, and 32.

Top photo: Models back stage of Alexander Wang. Bottom Photo: Alexander Wang after party.

Alice + Olivia are very mod, chic, artsy, and modern. I love the colors and prints she always uses. And I love how the collection is shown in party instead of the runway.
Collection consists of: Mod patterns, artsy dresses, pleated shorts, high waist, and wide belts.
My favorite looks(click above link to see): 1, 3, 4, 8, 12, 13, 14, and 20.

Anna defines quirky chic. Her patterns and style is just so uniquie but it's still RTW. And this collection has a lot of shear fabric which is great to keep cool in spring and summer.

Collection Consists of: Shear Fabric, stripes, high waist, pin striped blazers, pin stirped trousers, fedoras, and of course bold prints.

My favorite Looks(click above link to see): 1, 2, 4, 8, 9, 10, 12, 17, 19, 20, 22, 29, 31, 32, 35, 40, and 41.

Backstage. Top photo: Chanel Iman, Agyness Deyn, and Irina Lazareanu. Bottom Photo: Coco Rocha and Lily Donaldson.

Badgley Mishka

I haven't looked much into Badgley Mishka before, but I think they had a great collection this season. It's in the top ten at nymag.com. So the collection had a great selection of work attire, but very chic work attire. And the dresses are just fabulous.

Collection consists of: Grey, pleated trousers, floral prints, high waisted skirts, light weight jackets and coats, swimming suits, big floppy hats, and evening gowns.

Favorite looks(click link to see): 2, 4, 7, 12, 19, 21, 39, 42, and 49.

Charlotte Ronson


There was not one piece in the collection I didn't like. I has such a relaxed 70's vibe. I can't get enough

Collection consists of: Creams, blues, flowy mini dresses, shorts, high waisted jeans, and plaids.

Favortie Looks: All of them

4 comments:

Ana said...

i think that alexander wang was good,i really liked some of the looks but others were way off.

Lauren said...

great post! yea it seems that yellow will be the IT color of spring :)

la petite fashionista said...

great collection picks! i thought NY fashion week was quite amazing, london has been a but disappointing for me.

xoxo

The Beauty Mum said...

Oh I like the Charlotte Ronson styling. Looking at those backstage pics of Agynes with Irina etc I wonder if there's much bitching between the models? I mean, you'd think there would be because they're not that old and you'd expect there to be major competition between them all, but you never hear about it do you?